Monday, June 29, 2009

Catch up

Well, Josh and I have been very busy! I've been wanting to update, but didn't want to do it without pictures, so that's the reason for the delay.

WE GOT OUR CRIB!! My mom bought our crib a few weeks ago and we picked up it from Walmart once it came in. Mom was spending some time with us that week, so she and I put it together. We only needed a little help from Josh. It is so pretty. The night we put it together mom and I went to Phantom of the Opera. It was really good! When we left, the nursery still had computer equipment and books and stuff of Josh's in it as well as the wrong dresser. The crib was in the middle of the room. When we got home Josh had moved the dresser in and all the other stuff out. The crib was against the wall and he had "decorated" as well! He put little stuffed animals and pictures everywhere. It was so sweet! He's such an amazing husband and daddy already! Having a room for the baby is making it even more real! I've only got 12 weeks left! The time is flying by! The bedding is white with a pale blue (it has a mint green tint too) and khaki. We plan on painting the walls a khaki to match. NO, we don't know if Thumper is a boy or girl, but we'll add splashes of pink later if we want for a girl!

Last week my uncle, David, came up from Texas. We headed to the beach to spend time with Ricky and Blake. It was so much fun! We hung out on the beach and by the pool. It was so relaxing! None of us wanted it to end! Hopefully this will be a tradition. It was nice hanging out with my uncle and family. We don't normally have as much quality time when my uncle is around and we all enjoyed it! He treated us to dinner and everything!

This week we are going to go to Kernersville and geting some maternity pictures taken! I'm so excited! One of Josh's childhood friends, TJ, is going to take them! He's so creative, I can't wait to see what he comes up with! I hope we can visit with Memaw and other family while we are in town too!

2 comments:

  1. Love the crib! And the bedding! So exciting, baby will be here SOON!! Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crib and the bedding are both beautiful! How sweet of Josh to get everything set up! :-)

    ReplyDelete