Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas

Okay, I'm gonna try out this blogging thing. Mostly because Ashley Forsyth has pressured me into it! :) Anyway, we have lots of family and friends we don't get to stay in touch with as often as we'd like, so maybe this will help. Bear with me if I don't blog often...

Christmas... I love Christmas! I love decorating and baking and getting together with family and friends! This year we put 6 trees up in our house! Granted several of them are only a foot tall, but still. I thoroughly enjoyed decorating them and deciding where to put them. I love Christmas music and could listen to it all the time! I would have to say all of the songs from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" are my favorite! That is my favorite Christmas special as well. I don't know if its because it has the true meaning of Christmas or not, but it probably is.

The only thing I don't like about Christmas is gifts. Or at least meaningless gifts gotten because you feel obligated. My family, (Josh and I included) are so blessed! We really don't need anything and don't want people to buy "stuff" for us just because. I hate going places and getting gifts and not having something decent to give. Maybe, I'm not creative enough to think of good meaningful, heart-felt gifts, but oh well. This year however, Josh came up with a great idea for our family. I can't tell you yet, but I think its a great idea!

I love entertaining....tonight we are having dinner at our old neighbors house, Will & Donna and then we are coming home and having Praise & Worship! I love having people over. We have been cleaning and preparing for tonight all day! We rearranged the movie room and Josh set the sounds system up. I made two different types of cookies! I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. I think you are right about this Christmas being special, I feel the true meaning of Christmas.
    It is not about gifts this year, it is about
    God & Family.
    Josh needs to tell us his idea soon..........

    Anita & Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog Brooke! I love it because I can now keep up with what we are doing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. christ C josh, I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR BLOGS HERE AT TIM AND NITA HOME. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU TWO SOON(very very soon. love you both and hope your christmas is HAPPY IN EVERY WAY.

    LOVE YOU BOTH
    memaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited that you guys have a blog!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! thanks for blogging! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete