Friday, January 9, 2009

Liberia

I've had a horrible week at work, I'm entirely unhappy and while I am still pursuing my BSN, I don't see much need for it. At this point, I'm ready to quit and just forget nursing! Don't worry, I've got a plan. I'll find some temporary work and be more free to serve God. You may already know, but we are in the process of raising funds to travel to Liberia. Josh and I hope to raise $6,000. That will cover the expenses for both of us. The majority of the cost is in transportation. Josh and I sponser three children in an orphanage in Africa and will get the opportunity to meet them while overseas! In addition to giving a monthly contribution we have been able to buy clothes, book-bags, and shoes. All of this is packed in barrels and shipped overseas.



Josh and I will meet up with another student from Parkwood High School (the HS near our house, Josh has served at for the last several years) and serve alongside him. We are willing to do whatever we can to help. Josh mainly wants to build stuff and I wanna work with the kids! Josh will be preaching in the local churches and I will teach some Womens small group and provide a little medical teaching on hygiene and how to prevent other diseases in the area. We are super excited and just waiting and praying for the funds to come in. That's the hardest part right now, just waiting. Its easy to get frustrated, but we are trying to have faith that if we are supposed to go, everything will work out! We hope to go in March, so we can be there with Charlie (the student I mentioned earlier), but if we don't raise the funds, we will save them and go at a later time.

Please join with us in prayer for our trip! We'll definitely keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. We're so excited for you guys! We'll definitely be praying for your trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying about this trip. Im sorry your job is not going well. Im sure the Lord has great things in store no matter what you decide to do. How is the fund-raising for Liberia going?

    ReplyDelete