Monday, January 12, 2009

Life

Well, life is back to normal, the holidays are over, all the Christmas decorations are down (well, almost all), school is back in session and I must admit, I have a little bit of the blues. We had such a great time over the holidays visiting with family and friends, our house seems so lonely and empty now.
We were really busy and thoroughly enjoyed all the company we had, I thought I would be happy for things to settle back down. Unfortunately I'm not. I'm pretty bummed, I guess seeing all the assignments for this semester and getting my work schedule for the next month is reality. Not having any time off and having a poorly arranged work schedule is kind of a downer. On top of all that the Panthers lost! What a shame! We did have my Dad, Ann and little brother and sister over for the game. Despite their loss...there's always next year!





I am excited about this coming August! Josh and I went to a camp for children with Down Syndrome last year, CAMP HORIZON!! Josh goes as a counselor and I'm one of the nurses. Last year was my second year and Josh's first year and we had an absolute blast! Its such a neat camp. Each child/camper is linked to their own counselor. Its one on one, which is so awesome! Anyway, I'm so excited for this time again. It is very busy and tiring, but so rewarding and so much fun! The kids do canoeing, fishing, archery, water slide, crafts, and tons of other stuff. One night we have a DJ come out and we have a dance, another night we sing camp songs, and the last night we have a talent show which is fun.
This year I think both of my brothers are coming with us! The more counselors the more campers can come. if you're interested let me know! This year the dates are August 20-23.

3 comments:

  1. oh, wow! Grace and Will are SO big! What cuties! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to get back into the swing of things after the holidays! Hang in there with school. We are praying about the Camp Horizon thing, to see if we should possibly go. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete