Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Josh can fix anything...well almost

Well, Josh is doing his thing in Africa. He's been working on the electrical stuff. They have twice the voltage that we have here (240v). There isn't any electricity except when they occasionally run the generator. Josh has been checking to make things safer. He also built 4 picnic tables TODAY! He's so good! He told me the kids could hear him working all day while they were in school and they ran over as soon as they got out. They all said "Thank you Brother Josh" and started singing. They didn't know what a picnic table was! He said he enjoyed seeing their faces when they saw it for the first time.

He also worked on the child with the gash in his leg. He told me he cleaned it thoroughly, using his finger. That really surprised me, I can't even begin to tell him my stories from work without him getting pale and sick! He said it surprised him too; he's just doing what he has to I guess. He put some bandages on it and instructed the child to keep it clean. Just when he thought he was done, another kid came up with a wound and Josh did the same thing again! I'm so impressed!

There is one thing, and its HUGE, that Josh hasn't been able to fix. The freshwater well broke, and he and Charlie only have three 1.5 liter bottles of water to share until it gets fixed. There is another well, but it isn't safe for them to drink. He said the water has spiders and other gross stuff in it. The orphanage was going to wait a few days and get a part from Monrovia, Josh said it needed to be fixed sooner. He went ahead and paid someone to fix it sooner, but they had left for the day. Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow.

Josh said he now has a rash allover his body. It doesn't sound like a heat rash or allergic reaction. He said its small little bumps that ooze when he brushes his finger over them. When I got off the phone with him this afternoon, I just cried. I'm so worried about him. I don't think the pregnancy/hormones are helping any. Please continue to pray for us. Pray for his health, that he'll get clean water soon, and that the rash is nothing serious. Pray that my worrying will stop, I know God is in control. Also pray that my worrying won't harm our little Thumper. Thanks again! We couldn't do this without your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment