Friday, May 15, 2009

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so upset right now! Josh just called and the flight leaving Liberia today has been canceled. There are only a few flights a week that leave the country, I think, but theirs has been rescheduled for tomorrow, hopefully! Charlie and Josh will leave tomorrow a few hours earlier and go to Brussels and then to Atlanta and finally Charlotte. They are scheduled to arrive in Charlotte on Sunday at 5:15pm or so. This is the same airline that lost Josh's luggage and stole things from it. He is so frustrated! The airline is paying for their hotel and transportation though, so we are thankful for that. Please pray that he will leave tomorrow and arrive safely in Charlotte on Sunday. Pray that they remain safe for their extra day in the country. Pray for both of our sanity, patience, and understanding!! :)

3 comments:

  1. What Brooke posts is true...we are stranded here in Liberia for another day. Brussels Air, the same company that has caused us so many problems, just doesn't really seem to care about Liberia. They aren't they only company to be like this...it is just a corrupt place to be...police hasseling you for bribes every day, Liberian citizen being treated unfairly....it's a different world here; there are few similarities to the country from which I come.

    When I return, I am sure I will try to update the blog with everything I have gained from being here. It is truly a country in pain, and deeply impoverished.

    Tonight, I am staying in a hotel that actually has electricity, air-conditioning, and running water. This is amazing. It is unlike anything I have experienced thus far in Liberia. An American has invested in a hotel here, so that is where the airline is putting us up for the night. It is a good treat, as it feels like we are already back in the US. We also now have access to internet...the first time I have had it in 2 1/2 weeks. I know that Brooke has updated the blog while I have been away; I will read it (along with your comments) when I get back home. Until that time, know that I miss everyone SO VERY MUCH.

    Please continue to pray. It seems that we encounter trouble at every turn. Everything is complicated here, and we are hassled often; there is little we can do.

    Love to you all,
    especially my precious bride,
    josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that you're stuck there another day, but glad you'll be home Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait for an update! Hoping and praying your home safe and sound! :-)

    ReplyDelete