Monday, May 11, 2009

Liz, a Liberian I work with

I talked to Josh yesterday morning. He had hidden a Mother's Day card for me in my car...what a surprise! They should be traveling to Monrovia, the capitol city, today and staying there until Friday, when they head back home! I can't believe how quickly the time has passed!

Last night at work, I talked with one of the Nurse Assistants. Her name is Liz and she is from Liberia. I hadn't had a chance to tell her Josh was there so I told her last night. She asked why and what he was doing. I told her and her face lit up, she started jumping up and down with a huge smile on her face. I told her how Josh and I both have a heart for Liberia. She shared with me that she was there during the Civil War, she escaped to a refugee camp in Ghana for a few years. She went back and brought as many of her siblings children here to America with her. We talked a little about how blessed we are here in America and how we take simple things, such as needing stitches and health care, for granted. I told her of the two boys Josh tried to help. She hugged and thanked me and started crying saying, "Deliver them, deliver them." It broke my heart. I didn't know what to do, so I just held her, let her cry and silently prayed for her. She told me that she appreciates what Josh and I are doing for her home country and that there needs to be more people willing to go over there and help. I asked her to pray for us and the child we hope to adopt from Liberia one day. It was such a neat moment! I can't wait till Josh gets home and I can share pictures and videos with her!

Please continue to pray for Josh and I. Pray for his continued safety and health. Pray for healing in Liberia, pray for those hurting from the recent war, where children watched their parents killed in front of them. Pray for us in regards to adoption, yes I am pregnant, but we hope to adopt one day. Pray that God will open up the right doors and help us to be in agreement about the right time, that we'll know HIS timing. Adoption in Liberia is currently closed due to some human trafficing and no rules. Pray that the rules will be set quickly and children may be delivered from Liberia. Thank you all again for your prayers, support and encouragement...We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment