Monday, May 4, 2009

OUR GOD IS SO GOOD

I spoke with Josh for 24 minutes today, our longest conversation yet! He sounds so good! I'm so proud of him. I worried that I'm telling all his stories on our blog, he said to continue to share what he shares, he'll have plenty more to talk about. I’m overwhelmed right now with GOD and HIS GOODNESS!!!! I’m just so thankful for all He has done for us and I’m humbled at the question, why? Why are we so blessed to live in America? This country that is all about convenience and waste and SELF!! Josh just told me about a boy with the gash in his leg. We have so much here and take it all for granted. This boy with a large, deep, probably infected gash in his leg with bugs crawling in it doesn’t care and doesn’t complain. Josh wouldn’t have even known if he hadn’t taken off his “trousers” to play futball in shorts. He has no medical attention and really no access. He’s happy and jumping rope and bringing Josh water! What a testimony! God is moving in me and growing me while Josh is gone. I’m not there and not experiencing what he is, but God is allowing me to grow. I’m hurting for and loving these children I’ve never met! OUR GOD IS SO GOOD! I want the best for these kids and that orphanage and I want to do great things in the name of GOD for them! I want to help those precious children of God. I’m so far away, yet yearning to help them.

I got to talk to Emmanual, the son of Papa Anthony, who lives in Monrovia. He is the one who brought Josh to the orphanage and instead of going back home, he stayed so he could "learn from Brother Josh." He sounds like an amazing man and thanked me multiple times for letting Josh come. If he only knew how much I wanted to be there. He said it means so much for the children we sponsor to get to meet Josh. He said they call him, "Daddy." Emmanual said he would continue to pray for me and blessings upon me. Talking to him itself was a blessing!

Thank you for being a part of this journey God is taking Josh and I both on. Your prayers and support, in every way, mean more to us than you know! I have a feeling that this trip to Liberia, is only the first of many. I feel that God will continue to use us to bring glory to Himself at the orphanage in Liberia. I pray you will continue to follow God with us on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment