Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Josh is safe in Liberia

Josh is safe in Liberia! I've talked to him twice, very briefly, since he made it. The first time was this afternoon around 4:30. As soon as I heard his voice, I started crying. I've done so well today, I guess I was just worried about him not being safe. When I heard his voice I was so happy, I just lost it. Josh said they lost his luggage, but hopefully they'll find it soon. He has an extra pair of clothes in his carry-on, so hopefully he'll be okay. I'm sure it had to do with his numerous connecting flights. He sounded so good, he said he'd slept well and that was about it.

The second phone call was around 7:30. This time we talked a little longer, about 4 or 5 minutes and I only teared up. He sounded so good again. He said he already had so much to tell me. He said the culture there was so different. I asked him if he'd eaten and he said he had rice with some stew/soup, and African bananas. He said it was really good. He's staying in Monrovia tonight with Pastor Emmanuel and his wife, they have given Josh their room. Even though he doesn't have his luggage with all the tools and supplies he was planning on using to build the picnic tables, he is heading to the orphanage and school in Camp Four tomorrow. Hopefully they'll find his luggage soon and get it to him without too much trouble.

Please continue to remember him in your prayers, pray for his continued safety, that the luggage will be found and delivered soon, and that God will be glorified! I'll update later when I have more info.

1 comment: