Thursday, April 30, 2009

Josh's arrival to the orphanage

I got a few more phone calls from Josh today. The first one was very brief, I could tell he was on the road. It sounded like a bumpy rough ride. He had to go suddenly and told me he'd call later. He called just a little later and told me about how bad the roads were. He said most of it was from the civil war in Liberia in the beginning of this century. He told me he was about 10 minutes from the orphanage and he'd call later tonight.

He called shortly after his arrival to the orphanage and told me about his grand arrival. He said the kids ran out to greet him about 1/2 a mile away and ran behind the vehicle the rest of the way. They sang songs and danced. One of the songs they sang was, "Welcome Visitor." It sounded like an amazing moment. He told me he met the 3 kids we sponsor and how exciting a day it was for them. Nohn, the girl we sponsor carries around the picture we sent her several months ago. Josh said he had been greeted by the most beautiful children on earth! He doesn't have his luggage yet, he'll find out tomorrow night if he'll get it soon. He has one change of clothes and bought some stuff more clothes today. He doesn't have any bug spray or medicine or any of the tools. Please pray they find and deliver his luggage soon, for the children's sake!

Then he called not very much later and when I said hello I heard a bunch of children saying, "Hello Brooke." It was breath-taking. Josh told me the kids wanted to talk to me, he passed the phone around and I got to talk to Nohn first. She sounds as beautiful as she looks. I also got to talk to Luogon, one of the two boys we sponsor. It was so neat to be able to talk to them, I can't imagine how awesome it was to meet them! I got to talk to a couple more kids, we were basically just saying hello and they would introduce themselves. Then Josh said, who else wants to talk to Brooke and I heard a dozen voices say "ME!" So, Josh put me on speaker phone and I said hello and they all said hello Brooke. I started laughing, it was so beautiful. They all laughed at me laughing. It was a neat moment. I told them I wanted to be there and meet them and that I prayed for them often, then they all told me goodbye.

Josh called once more tonight and he was free to talk for a few more minutes. He told me the food was really good and that he can't even come up with words to describe the events of the day. He told me the kids were amazing, they just want to come and sit in his lap and be loved! How I would love to just sit around and love those kids all day! He said that they have bugs and lizards different than here. The bugs are like lightening bugs, but don't fly, they just crawl around on the ground. He said, "it looks like there is glitter allover the ground." He seems to be doing so well.

Please continue to pray for him and his continued safety. Pray that he gets the tools needed to do the projects arrive soon or that God will provide another way!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story! this brought tears to my eyes. It is amazing that even from here you are making a difference in these children. I will continue to pray about Josh's luggage. Thanks for the frequent updates!

    ReplyDelete