Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Leaving for Liberia

Today I depart for Liberia. This morning I have been a basketcase. It really hit me this morning how much i'm gonna miss Brooke while I'm away. We're an inseperable pair; we do everything together. This morning we both cried & cried. I know...I'm a softy when it come to my wife.

Packed my bags in just enough time to leave. One bag was 50lbs exactly...WOW! The other one was 65 pounds, so I had to pay $50 extra for it. Checkin at the airport in Charlotte went smoothly; it's probably the first time I got through metal detectors on the first try! This was the place where I saw Brooke for the last time (more tears).

I made it to the gate, only to board the plane, pull out from the gate, then pull back up to the gate and deboard. It seems there is a problem with the de-icer, so as it is now, my 12:25pm flight will be a 2pm flight (best-case). That's okay though...better safe than sorry.

UPDATE: Plane was broke, so now I am on a new flight (US AIR) to Chicago, on a packed plane, in a middle seat, but I'm getting there!

2 comments: