Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wonderful Neighbors

Well, to sum things up, we've been so busy lately. Josh is making last minute preparations for his trip. Graybrooke business is doing so well, Josh can hardly keep up, which is such a blessing! I am doing my best to get to work and complete my school assignments on time. I haven't been feeling good at all and if I do feel okay, I haven't done much house work. My goals have been to try to keep the dishes done and to do the laundry every week. Needless to say, the house has been neglected in a big way. Well, Easter Sunday, Josh went to go visit family in Kernersville and I had to work. I called my friend/neighbor, Denise, to check on a friend of hers who was in the hospital. She asked how I was and I spilled my guts. I told her I was overwhelmed, I had a 5 page paper due Wednesday, my grandpa was in town from Texas and my house was a wreck. I was worried about getting the house clean and paper done before Grandpa and Marge come to visit. She asked what she could do to help, and I replied nothing. Well, that was that...or so I thought. I came home and Josh was still visiting family. I just sat in the car, I didn't want to come inside. I didn't know where to begin when I came home. Then I finally mustered up enough courage to come inside and didn't recognize my house! The floors were swept, the two bags of trash were gone, the junk was off the table and sat neatly on the floor, they had dusted, made the bed, and vacuumed to name a few things. I just spun around in circles looking at what had been done. I was kind of embarrassed to think they saw my house at the worst ever. Here are some pictures. I'm glad I don't have any before pictures, but just imagine dishes and junk everywhere! Josh and I are so thankful and grateful for such wonderful friends who help out without being asked. Something that may seem simple, like cleaning the house, was such a huge blessing to us. I finished my paper, and we spent some great time with my family and they got to see our house...clean...thanks to the Giambrones!

3 comments:

  1. What great friends! It's such a blessing to have people to lend a hand when we're overwhelmed. So glad to hear that Graybrooke is going well! Praying for you guys as Josh prepares for Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful! I am so glad that your neighbors are such great friends! I am so glad you had one less thing to be concerned with. ;) Prayin' for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww shucks it was nothin..you'd do the same for me..xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete